Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 2 on "Savella"

Yesterday was my first day on the new drug for fibromyalgia, called "Savella", and I didn't have any problems at all.
Surprisingly, I actually took a long nap in the early afternoon even though I was told not to take this drug too late in the day as it could keep you awake. I will be taking it twice a day soon and will be sure to take my 2nd pill no later than 2 or 3 in the afternoon just to be on the safe side.
I have battled insomnia for more years than I could count so I definitely do not want anything to make that worse.

I am ever hopeful that the time will come that I can be pain free and still have energy and a clear mind. I can't tell you how many times over the last year I have had to ask my husband what the TV show we are watching is about because my mind wanders. I also have noticed a serious drop in memory so maybe Savella can change that.


Originally Savella was used for depression in Europe and went by the name "Dalcipran". Actually it is considered the most prescribed med for depression over there. And like any drug you research on the net, you will find someone who has had a bad experience with it so I am trying to keep a positive attitude.

I have been taking tramadol to relieve pain for nearly 3 years and have noticed a significant change in my memory. I also have to be very careful not to take this med too late in the day as it definitely will keep you awake. I love the boost it gives me when I take it, but it doesn't do a thing for the fibro fog, memory or depression.

I just took my 2nd dose of Savella at 9am this morning and will see what the day brings.

Until next time :)

No comments: