Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Toxic Relief

I am in my 3rd day of cleansing.  It's not at all difficult.  you take two pills (probiotics) in the morning before you eat.  Fifteen minutes later you mix one scoopful of fiber in juice and drink it down, quick, before it turns to a very thick mush.  Each of these requires drinking 80z. of water after.

Later at night I drink the tea.  My biggest problem is remembering to do that.

I am also on my 3rd day of no refined sugars.  This is much harder for me as I got a bit addicted to eating "Nips" at night.  They are hard, chewy candies that have a filling in the middle. Yum!  Anyway, no more of those little buggers.

Trying to find something suitable for lunch without having to do major cooking is my biggest problem with being on any kind of diet.  I have never been a sandwich fan but much of the time I will eat them because it's convenient, however, today I had some leftovers of a brown rice that you mix with pineapple, toasted almonds, green onions, and a little allspice.  It was very good.  It should last me a few days. 

Feeling a bit tired as I write this.  I spent much of my day in the Urgent Care waiting to find out what was wrong with my left foot.  It has been bothering me for a few weeks now so I thought I had better get in this time and have an X-ray.   Honestly, I figured it was the fibromyalgia flaring up because I have been walking more than usual each night.  Sure enough, it was the extra walking, but I have inflammation in the ball of my big toe so I will
will have to curb my walking for a while.  Thank the Lord it wasn't another fracture.

Until Next Time.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should tell you whenever I detox (once a year) I usually get very fatigued and more often than not fatigued. I have had to learn to take it really easy that week or two.

I'm glad it is going well with you and that your foot is not broken again. That would have been a bummer.

Christine Burgess said...

Thanks, Dominique. I do remember reading that you get fatigued and should take it easy. Hard to tell as I am fatigued much of the time anyway.lol