Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What's Next?

I am several days into the colon cleanse and feeling great.  I have no idea if one is related to the other or not as I have good days and bad days normally.  All I can say is:  if this is how normal people feel on a regular basis, no wonder they get so much accomplished.

I get up in the morning and I don't hurt at all.  In fact one morning I completely forgot to take my pain pills.  A few hours into the day I began to feel a bit tired and achy before I realized this.  Other days I would feel so good that I didn't even need my second set of pills, which I normally take around 2pm.

Partly the reason I don't have the pain is because I am not exercising or stretching.  With fibromyalgia it takes time and patience to build up to a regular exercise routine and I know that if I start it again that I will have the pain back. 

I was able to walk around the neighborhood last night without any pain in my foot so I am pleased with that and hopeful I can continue my nightly routine.

I am grateful for the reprieve from the monotonous pain and plan on enjoying it while I can.

As to what happens next? I don't have a plan for that, just one day at a time for now.

Until Next Time. :)

No comments: