Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Once A Year

I went in for my lab work today so that it would be ready when I go in for my physical next week.  I almost hold my breath now when this is done because I am getting older and wonder if the tests will show something that wasn't there last year.

It seems like many of my friends have been diagnosed with some form of disease in the last few years, from heart trouble to diabetes to high blood sugar.  My neighbor is checking her sugar levels 3 times a day now because of her concern about a recent diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.

Is it me or does it seem like there are more people with something wrong with them?  I know the guideline levels of "normal" were recently changed to a much lower number so what would have been a normal blood sugar is now considered high.  I often wonder if the pharmaceutical companies are benefiting from these level changes as more people are now taking ongoing medications. Hmmmmmm.....

As far as the fibro this week I have to say things have been pretty good.  I had some problems with my left foot which started traveling to the back of my knee and went in several weeks ago for an x-ray.  I was told it was inflammation and put on Prednizone.  A few weeks later it was still giving me grief so I went to my chiropractor and he adjusted my foot and all my problems went away, including the back of the knee pain.  He said it was subluxation and that  it would cause inflammation.

I sure do wish the chiropractors and doctors would get together as this is the second time something like this has happened to me.

Years ago I experienced pain in my knee every time I walked.  I was getting ready to go on vacation so I rushed in to the Dr. to  figure out what was going on and was sent for an x-ray. I was informed I had a tear and that I should keep it wrapped.

I spent my entire vacation taking aspirin (I am allergic to ibupprofen)to keep the pain at bay so that I could enjoy all the history in Virginia as there was a great deal of walking involved.

When we got home I went to the chiropractor and told him about my knee. He adjusted it and it was gone instantly.  To think I could have spared myself all the misery while on vacation frustrates me.  Not to mention I was told I have a tear when I most certainly did not.

From now on I go to the chiropractor first before anyone else.

Until Next Time. :)

No comments: