Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Some Days Are Better











Some days I get up and I think, "gosh, I feel so good today" that I don't even think about taking any pain pills for a few hours. Usually I head for them before the coffee even finishes brewing.

Lately I have been doing a great deal of cleaning and painting and I am surprised I can still function pretty well.
My husband and I bought a house last month. We knew we wanted to downsize from the place we are living in now and figured the market couldn't get much better for buying one. Unfortunately because the market is so sluggish and the price of houses are at an all time low we felt we had to continue living in our current home and rent out the one we just purchased.
The house we bought was in need of some serious TLC so we have been painting every room and scrubbing all the tile, doors, windows, and cabinets. It's taken an entire bottle of 409 already and we aren't even finished. Lots of work. But amazingly, I am still in fairly good condition.
I did take off from going over there today because it has started to catch up with me and I was tired and sore most of the day, but I plan to be back at it tomorrow.
I think having something different to do makes a bit of a difference in how you feel. If I was just doing all that cleaning in my own home I might not feel as chipper, but knowing this needs to get done so that we can get it up for rent puts a different spin on it. Besides, it was fun to think about what I might do with the rooms when we do move in.
All in all, things are pretty good these days. I think the longer nights help me to sleep in better as it stays dark until around 7:30 in the morning. If nothing else it helps with a better attitude in starting my day. Getting 8 hours of sleep compared to my usual 6 is a huge difference.
Until next time :)






























2 comments:

Rosemary Lee said...

I am so happy that you're feeling better!! Good luck finishing your home and don't overdo!!

Hugs!

Rosemary Lee said...

Hi Chris! I have to publish them and approve the comments. That's probably why it won't take. I had some weird spam stuff appear suddenly so I had to stop everything from appearing suddenly on the blog. Weird people out there!!!!

Thanks for your comment sweetie and again......glad you're doing better!!

Rose