Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heading Out on a Cruise

I am looking forward to the cruise my husband and I have planned and we leave on Friday. I have spent all day getting everything ready to pack. My mattress and pillows will be ready to go. LOL

We are traveling to Miami so we plan to stay overnight and have a fresh start in the morning. I also gives us one more day of vacation!!

One thing I always enjoy on most cruises, aside from the obvious, is the rocking of the ship when you sleep. I wish I could bottle that and bring it home. Maybe it's because I am a fidgety sort or maybe it feels like it did when I was a baby, I don't know, but whatever it is I sleep better on a cruise ship than any other time.

Our last cruise was to the Bahamas so the ships don't go far enough away to warrant fast speeds so you never get that rocking motion, and I seriously missed that part.

Cruising has become one of our favorite kinds of vacations because we don't have to take a plane and we don't have to stay in those awful hotel beds for a week (which are too hard for me). We always get lots of walking in at each port and that really helps me with the fibromyalgia. Sitting day in and day out traveling is not fun for me so roadtrips are not on my agenda.

I will be posting pictures on my blog Chris' Comments if you want to see some of our trip.

2 comments:

JournoMich said...

How fantastic! Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see the pictures...And I am jealous!
Where are you cruising to?

Michele
Do Beautiful Things

Christine Burgess said...

We are cruising to the Eastern Caribbean and will be visiting Samana/Dominican Republic, St.Thomas/US Virgin Islands,Tortola/British Virgin Islands and our cruise ships private island in Stirrup Cay/Bahamas.
I am very excited to go and just relax and warm up.lol