Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

OK, This is Getting Scary

Is it me or can I blame it on the Tramadol?  I am sure I am losing it.

I have another blog called Chris' Comments that I post about my mosaic business as well as a variety of other topics.   Anyway, I had just completed a very long post about tips for people who are new to cruising and when I went to my blog this morning it wasn't there.  The reason it wasn't there was because it was on this blog instead.  How scary is that?

I accidentally published under the wrong blog.  For those of you who have more than one blog with Blogger, you know that they come up together on the dashboard so I obviously hit the wrong one.  Honestly sometimes I'm afraid to even go out of my house. LOL

I truly do see a significant change in my memory and I recognize that as we get older our memories fade, but good grief I'm only 53.  At this rate I will be mindless by the time I'm in my 70's, if the good Lord allows me to go that far.

I just placed a hold on a brain teaser book at the library hoping that using some of the exercises in that book will improve my memory.  I do know that once I started taking the Tramadol I could see right away that losing some memory was going to be one of the side affects, however the upside was just too good not to stay on it.

I was in my Dr's office the other day to do a follow-up on a dexascan and she told me that Tramadol is now noted for causing depression.  Just great.  Truthfully, I am not worried about that as I have been on it for nearly 3 years and do not see any connection at all.  Of course my body generally acts oppositely to drugs so maybe that's the reason.

By the way, have any of you had a dexascan?  I had one due to the fractures in my foot but was a little scared it was going to come back that my bones had turned into crackers and were falling apart rapidly as it seemed I kept getting more fractures.  Turns out I am borderline from normal to osteopenia which is the first stage of osteoporosis.   I am pretty sure the reason for that result is because I was vitamin D deficient at my last physical which means the calcium I was taking wasn't working either so I am hopeful that my bones will get stronger now that I have boosted the vitamins.

I will let you know if the brain teasers work, that is unless I forget where to post again. LOL

Until next time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy can I relate to your mis-place post! I have actually found my cream in my clothing closet and my shoes in the fridge. Kid you not!

It is so odd how our brains works ... or is that 'doesn't work?'

Did you know that a huge segment of Americans our now Vitamin D deficient? Uh huh.

Amazing that we can be having this problem again in the 21st century.

Christine Burgess said...

OK,Dominique, now I don't feel so bad. LOL

Kinda scary about the vitamin D.

My dr said he was amazed at how many Floridians are vitamin D deficient with all this sun.