Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where Do I Go to Complain?

 I am still dealing with the after affects of this darned fractured foot and have been more than a little frustrated lately so where can I go to complain?  I mean it.  I wish there was some place a person could go just to complain about life once in a while.

I was put in a "boot" several weeks back because the first fracture (from March) had caused a stress fracture in my little toe due to the unusual way I had been walking and now that the boot is finally off I thought I would finally be able to go out and walk the neighborhood again.  Not so.

I now have to stretch my tendons on the top of my feet back to normal as the few weeks of not using them has caused them to shrink.  Very weird, but OMG, the pain is worse than the the fracture.  I have to literally push my weight onto my right foot and just stretch it back out and it is excruciating, but I don't want to hobble anymore as I desperately need to get back to the business of walking again.  I have gained 8 lbs in the last 3 months from not walking so I really recognize how beneficial it is to maintaining my weight.  Nothing fits and I feel bloated and awful.   I do keep up the stretching exercises every other day though or I would completely lose my mind. 

This hasn't been a picnic with my fibromyalgia either.  I have been getting an adjustment at my chiropractors and a massage every week just to keep my body aligned.  The boot ads  inches to your height on one side and it's hell (sorry, no other word for it) on the body.  I am just grateful I can get a massage for 30 bucks, but even at that price I can't be going forever.

OK, I am finished complaining and feeling much better. Thanks.

Until next time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much longer do you have to keep that thing on? My word!

I'm sorry you are having so much pain and mis-alignment issues.

Hmmmmm....who to complain to...

Hope you feel better soon and get rid of that thing!

Christine Burgess said...

Thanks, Dominique. You are so sweet.
I did finally get rid of the boot but need to continue stretching the tendons as it is very painful to walk.