Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Monday, July 5, 2010

I Have Joined the Living

OMG, I cannot believe how much better I am feeling now that I have my sinus infection under control.  I get up and actually have interest and energy to do something. Hurray!

I still can't walk.  I can get from point A to point B, but actually walking for exercise is not happening.  Honestly, who would think this foot thing would still be a problem all these months later.  Anyway, I am swimming now just to keep the body from getting too stiff, bringing on fibromyalgia problems.

I use one of those "noodles" to hang on to and kick my legs back and forth not only to keep the circulation going, but hopefully to loosen whatever it is that keeps my ankle stiff and making it hard to walk. 

I tried just swimming around the pool without any floaty but the days following were killer on my back and shoulders as it was just too much for me all at once. Gotta go slow which is a hard thing to do in the pool as you can't really feel what you are doing to yourself.

I hope each of you had a good 4th of July.

Until next time :)

No comments: